My stopped car was struck by an 18 year old Ameriprise insured driver in February of 2015 while I was 6 months pregnant.Ameriprise initially was responsive, calling me the very next day to make arrangements for medical reimbursement and to fix my car.

Since I was pregnant I refused to settle the medical claim at that time, but went ahead with making arrangements to have my car repaired. The first shop they sent me was terrible, and it was clear that Ameriprise was not regarded too highly by this shop. I chose to have my Lexus fixed by the dealership which I purchased it. Ameriprise agreed.

Mind you this happened in February, its now April and with all the back and forth I’ve gone through with them the repairs are still not even started. They are unresponsive and rude and I can only imagine what kind of condition I’d be in if my car was totaled. My insurance agent (at a REAL insurance company) happens to be my mother, and had she not known the insurance laws and personally called them many times to ask why nothing was being done on my claim, I can only imagine we’d be in worse shape. So like I said, its April and my repair is finally going to happen (I hope) on Monday.

I’ve spent the last week exchanging emails with Amerprise regarding the rental and trying to hunt down someone who could help me manage this claim. Apparently the original agent is no longer employed with Ameriprise, so I was handed off to what I can only assume is a department assistant because he just told me to call the 1-800 number and hope someone could help me set up the rental. Rental was supposed to be set up Monday, it was set up incorrectly. I have spent the last 3 days going back and forth with Amerprise and Hertz (their preferred rental agency) to try to correct Amerprise’s mistake.

I’ve lost multiple days at work dealing with Ameriprise, getting estimates, arguing with them in regards to why the estimates or documentation I procured was not satisfactory, and now with this rental headache. It is ridiculous.

So because the driver who hit me (because he was “looking at the trees” aka his PHONE) decided to go the “cheap” route, me (the responsible driver) has to suffer.

The fact that Amerprise has such a high BBB rating is very suspicious to me, as the caliber of their customer service is so low.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of car accident claim from Ameriprise Insurance. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $3000 and wants Ameriprise Insurance to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ameriprise Insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ameriprise Insurance?

Comments