56K views

DO NOT BUY THIS INSURANCE THAT IS SOLD THROUGH COSTCO.

DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER YOU ARE VICTIM OR INSURED YOU WILL GET SCREWED. YES THIS IS THE SAME COMPANY THAT WE BAILED OUT IN 2008 and THEY STILL CONINUE SCREWING US AMERICANS! DON'T LET THEM GET YOU!!! READ BELOW STORY:

I was involved in an auto accident last September 2011. This lady ran a red light while I was making a left turn. I was 90+ percent into my turn when she hit me.

Immediately Ameriprise wanted to ding me 15% because they say I should have had eyes behind my head and swerved to miss their insured and hit the pickup truck that was to the immediate left of me. Not only did they ding me but they also screwed their own insured by giving her an "old sweaty three year old car". They wouldn't replace her NEW Toyota! The agents you deal with are "RUDE" and "UNPROFESSIONAL". Their agents can't even spell their name correctly! That's the Calibre of personnel you are dealing with.

First off (1) Do not give them ANY information over the phone or written communication especially if you are the victim because they will use it against you. Only say something like "their insured hit me" and keep repeating that. (2) get an attorney especially if you are the victim because they will not settle with you unless you do.

One more thing if your buy from this insurance the $450.00 savings they say they will save you on the Costco website will wind up costing you a lot more. What they do not tell you is that your $450 savings will turn into an expense for you because they will NOT listen to you and pay out. They will save you $450 by discounting what they pay out to the victim and put the $450 in their general fund.

In other words this insured will wind up paying me $2000.00 through our court system because they would not protect their

Review about: Ameriprise Insurance Auto Insurance.

Comments

Please, someone, tell me what the correct corporate "agent" is that you need to serve for an accident in California. I was backed into directly in front of the San Diego County Courthouse, Northern Division.

They placed me at "50%" fault because I "failed to avoid the accident". I was stopped, yet somehow my car went sideways into their insureds bumper!

I know I have to sue their insured but I don't even know her address! But since I can sue whoever I want, I will sue Ameriprise and Costco.

I agree. Had a similar experience.

The other car backed into me & they said & reported to DMV that it was my fault. Never had an accident, been driving for over 30 years.

Now I have 5 points on my license & they raised my rate by $200 for 6 months. I'm changing insurance companies

Yes they screwed me also on my claim. After they used my deductiblethey then gave me $763.00 out of $4,944.00.

So this repair cost us$4,181.00 plus our deductible. Stay away from this company.

Theynare great setting up your policies. Then they are reasonable.

I cancelled them and would never go back! Do not use!

We were insured with AmeriPrise for 12 years with no problem on claiming. Last year we left AmeriPrise because their premium went up significantly.

Shame on Costco for doing business with this outfit. They just want to rip off their customers.

After being insured for almost 20 years, after my credit card expired, they didn't tried only to contact us via telephone. But since we were out of the country, they said they tried. There was only a couple days gap before we realized something was wrong and all over a measly $60.

They could care less. They took the $60 and said we could now contact their representative as a new customer like we've never done business with them before!

Been insured with Ameriprise for about 15 years. they are insuring my 3 cars with better coverage, lower deductible etc than anyone else, including Auto Club, for about 30 to 40% less than anyone else would.

to G Friebe #1528742

Just wait until you have a claim. The State requires you carry insurance but does not require that the insurance company pay claims.

See my review Ameriprise LAWBREAKER

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

IF A COSTCO MEMBER CONTACT THEM TO STOP THEIR PARTNERSHIP

need ID cards, premium has been paid, but received no cards. policy {{REDACTED}}

two autos lincoln truck, and mbnz GLK350. arline bertelli, 40195 riverwood rd kingsburg, ca

bertellil@yahoo.com ASAP

I’ve had Ameriprise Insurance for more than a decade. I’ve had two auto claims.

1 for a break in which they covered and one for a total loss Fire that they paid with great satisfaction.

I also had two Home claims.

One for a break in which they covered and one fire claim which they paid out well over 250,000 dollars. I was very satisfied with all claims.

I have never had a problem with Ameriprise.

Lynnwood, Washington, United States #1317869

You are an ***.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States #1301908

I hate to inform you that all insurance companies are the same. I was in an accident and my previous insurance company got an A+ rating from my on the way they handled my situation.

I was injured and the other drive was 100% the cause. I live in MI where we have no fault insurance. Here is the best part......his insurance company was the same as mine. You would think this would be a no brainer.

Yea, right!! Two and a half years of recovery and fighting...........I just wanted it all to be behind me.

They are all the same!!! If we are required to have insurance, why aren't they required to pay??????

Warren, Michigan, United States #1240135

DO NOT BUY THIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!!! You will get screwed.

This company has no sympathy no remorse and no morals. My sister was involved in a car accident and it was not her fault. Almost three years into this, and have not paid nothing.

She was severely injured. If you are reading this and and read all other complaints from previous insured people and you still purchase Enterprise Insurance then sorry to say your ***!!!

Santa Monica, California, United States #1234495

THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS I HAVE HAD MY AUTO INSURANCE WITH AMERIPRISE FOR OVER 8 YEARS AND I HAVE BEEN PAYING ABOUT $ 900.00 EVERY 6 MONTHS AND NOW THEY JUST TOLD ME THEY HAD A RATE INCREASE AND MY INSURANCE IS $1500.00 FOR 6 MONTHS AND I JUST TALKED TO THE SUPERVISOR AND HE CONFIRMED THE INCREASE AND I HAVE HAD NO ACCIDENTS NOTHING HAS CHANGED . JUST %70 RATE INCREASE.

NOW I HAVE TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER INSURANCE COMPANY.

Pleasant View, Utah, United States #1134168

We have had more than satisfactory service, premiums and coverage on our autos for about 15 year and homeowners for 11.

to tapem #1295544

I too have had an excellent experience with Ameriprise. I've got the best rate I've ever had and fast service the one time I needed it.

Sounds like you were at fault. If you were making a left you're always to blame. Even if the other driver was running a red light light.

to Anonymous Hubert, North Carolina, United States #1194777

Haha really? Are you serious? She probably was in the wrong because the other lady didn't really run a red light but if she is not lying, she is in noway at fault as long as she wasn't running a red light as well.