Ameriprise has been exceptionally difficult to deal with and has attempted to take advantage of me as much as possible. I was rearended by their insured who was at fault in the car accident.

My car was less than 1.5 years old and had no prior accidents. It took an extremely long time to process the claim (at least a few of weeks since I filed the claim) because Ameriprise took several weeks to negotiate with the bodyshop to put used parts on my car--this was all done without notifying me that Ameriprise and the bodyshop were negotiating. Then the insurance forgot to send the new estimate to the bodyshop! The estimate was cut in half because the bodyshop will be putting crash parts on my new, never been hit vehicle.

Ameriprise is insisting on paying for only one day of car rental even though the bodyshop told me it takes at least 3 days to replace and paint a used bumper. Ameriprise is causing a lot of hassle because I have had to take so many pics of my car, call up various employees of the body shop, confirm that the parts are in the shop, get assurance that the car will be worked on immediately with no waiting. It is absolutely ridiculous how much time this has taken. My car was hit two months ago and it is still not fixed because it has been such a hassle trying to get this company to make me whole.

The insurance company has not reimbursed me for diminished value of my new car either.

Furthermore, the attitude of the claims department is extremely rude and combative, talking over you and trying to dominate you when you have an issue!! Never experienced anything like this in terms of customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ameriprise Insurance Auto Claim.

Preferred solution: new bumper for new car, car rental for entire time car is being fixed, at least three days for the bodyshop to fix the car.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1325007

Same story here. I am the injured claimant who was hit by their customer.

Adjuster was rude, put me in a Corolla even though I have a loaded Tahoe that sustained over 12,000 in damages. 3 weeks later, still in shop as they squabble over estimate.

Now they tell me in may take another 3 weeks to fix it AND my crappy Corolla rental may expire. I am hiring an attorney now and suing the *** out of them.